We're making scholarships bigger and better this year!
In 2017, we will be giving away $10,000 in scholarships to three lucky students.
Applying is simple, and any student can do it. We'll be visiting local high school campuses, the University of North Alabama, and several public events with our new video booth. All students have to do is step in the video booth, record a 30-second video on "How your education will help others," and fill out the online application. You may get as creative with your video as you like. A committee from Listerhill will get together to decide on who will win the $5,000 and two $2,500 scholarships.
You also have the opportunity to win a new MacBook Pro to help you with your collegiate studies! Receive the most "likes" on your video through the Listerhill website at Listerhill.com/scholarships from April 23 - April 29, and it's all yours.
See if the Listerhill Video Booth is close to you!
Check out our tour dates and locations below.
- February 6–10 - University of North Alabama The Commons Building; 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- February 23 - Mars Hill Bible School; 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- March 2 - Brooks High School; 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- March 3 - First Fridays in Downtown Florence; 5 - 8 p.m.
- March 18 - McFarland Park; 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- April 7 - First Fridays in Downtown Florence; 5 - 8 p.m.
If you don't see your school as a tour location, let your counselor know you want us to bring the video booth to your school! We'll be happy to set up a date and time. Did we mention the top winner's school will receive $500?
Important dates to remember:
- April 14, 2017 – Last day to submit scholarship video
- April 18, 2017 – Last day to submit online application
- April 23 – 29, 2017 – Video voting period on Listerhill.com/scholarships
- Week of May 1, 2017 – Listerhill will announce the scholarship winners
Can't make it to the video booth because we're not coming to your school or town? To enter the scholarship contest you may write a 200 word essay answering the following: "How will your education benefit your community?" Please mail your essay before April 14, 2017 to: Listerhill Credit Union, ATTN: Tosha-Paige Brewer, PO Box 566 Sheffield, AL 35660.
For more information, call Tosha-Paige Brewer at (256) 383-9204 ext. 1269, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mars Hill Bible School
8:00am - 11:00am
Brooks High School
8:00am - 2:00pm